Oaklands Wedding Venue Booking Terms & Conditions
The Terms listed below will apply to your wedding venue booking at Oaklands. Please therefore read them carefully and let us know if you have any questions before you sign a Wedding Venue Booking Form with us.
Who the contract is between
1. Your contract is with us, East Yorkshire Farms Limited, (an English registered company with number 07728989), and ‘Oaklands’ is a trading name of East Yorkshire Farms Limited. Our trading address (which is used for all correspondence) is Oaklands, Rotsea Carr Farm, Rotsea, Cranswick, Driffield, East Yorkshire YO25 9QG. Our
email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. You, the wedding couple named in the Wedding Venue Booking Form, are both parties to the contract with us for hiring Oaklands to hold your wedding, and supply of the associated Wedding Package (meaning all wedding services which we agree to provide to you, such as accommodation, meals and drinks). If only one person is making the wedding booking, that person confirms that s/he has the authority to make the booking on behalf of both persons intending to be married. (Note: when we refer to “wedding” in these Terms, we mean a wedding or a civil partnership).
3. We are happy for third parties (such as a family members) to make payments to us on your behalf towards the cost of your wedding, but please note that unless we agree otherwise in writing each of you, you (the wedding couple) are legally responsible for making all payments due to us under the contract by the relevant due
Making a booking & paying the deposit
4. If you want to book your wedding at Oaklands, you will need to return your signed Wedding Venue Booking Form and pay us the required deposit of £1,000. Payments can be made in cash, by cheque or via electronic payment. Note that your deposit will not be refunded if you subsequently cancel a confirmed booking more than 14 days after your booking is accepted (see paragraphs 33 and 34 below for further details).
5. When you sign and submit the Wedding Venue Booking Form, this does not mean that we have accepted your booking. Acceptance of your booking will take place when we confirm to you in writing (which could be handed to you in person, or sent via the post or by email) that we are able to provide you with the Wedding Package, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. If for any reason we are unable to accept your booking after you have signed and submitted a Wedding Venue Booking Form to us, you will be informed of this in writing, and your deposit (if any has already been paid) returned, and we will not then process your booking.
6. We may agree to let you make a provisional booking, but this is not legally binding on either you or us unless and until a contract is entered into in accordance with paragraph 5 above. Provisional bookings are valid for a maximum of 14 days and after this period will lapse without further notice to you.
Your Wedding Package
7. The general content of your Wedding Package shall be as described in any quotation we supply to you, or as we otherwise agree with you in writing (in the Wedding Venue Booking Form for example). Certain details of your Wedding Package (for example, the exact numbers of guests to be catered for and the menu for meals) may be finalised with you in the period leading up to your wedding, as set out in these Terms.
8. As part of your Wedding Package, Oaklands (being the area identified in your Wedding Venue Booking Form) will be hired exclusively to you, for the period of time also specified. This means that we will not have another wedding party booked at Oaklands at the same time as you.
9. Please note that no accommodation is available at Oaklands, and it is not permitted for you or your guests to sleep at the venue, including in vehicles or by pitching tents.
Food and drink
10. Unless we agree with you in writing otherwise, only food and drink (including but not limited to wine, spirits or beer) supplied by us may be consumed at Oaklands, both at your wedding and at any other time. Additional charges will be payable (including “corkage” charges) at our usual rates if we do permit you to bring in your own food or drink, or if we have reasonable grounds to believe this has taken place without our consent.
11. You must comply with, and use your reasonable endeavours to ensure that your guests comply with, all regulations concerning licensing, fire, health & safety and also our reasonable instructions intended to ensure safety of property and/or people at Oaklands. Hazardous or dangerous items (for example fireworks, Chinese lanterns)
are strictly forbidden and so may not be used at Oaklands.
12. Oaklands’ grounds include a lake which could present a danger to guests, particularly children. Please ensure that your guests adopt sensible health & safety practices (and comply with all notices and published rules regarding the lake) at all times.
13. You must provide your guests with such information we may reasonably request regarding arrangements to be followed at Oaklands (for example, in relation to car parking, security of possessions, use of facilities and matters referred to in paragraph 12 above).
14. We reserve the right to stop any activity which we reasonably believe is likely to cause any damage to the Oaklands, or our equipment, contents or fittings, or which risks the safety of any people at Oaklands.
15. We regret that, other than guide dogs, hearing dogs and other assistance dogs, no pets or other animals are allowed in Oaklands except by special arrangement with us.
16. You must ensure that you and your guests take care of all property and valuables which are brought into Oaklands, and you are responsible for taking appropriate security precautions and having appropriate insurance cover in place as (unless we are negligent) we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage to them.
Damage to Oaklands
17. You will be liable to pay us for the costs of any and all loss or damage which you or any your guests cause to Oaklands, our equipment, contents or fittings (including any such items we make available for your use).
Music, entertainment & third party suppliers
18. If we provide details to you of third party suppliers, these are intended to help you in arranging other services to be provided in connection with your wedding. If you do engage any such third party suppliers, we accept no responsibility for their performance of services and you should take up any complaints with them directly. You are also responsible for paying their charges directly
19. It is your responsibility to ensure that any third party supplier you engage undertakes appropriate risk assessments and obtains suitable public liability insurance for all activities conducted, and complies with the requirements of the Performing Rights Society and other relevant rights holders, and with all applicable legal requirements. Details of their compliance with the foregoing must be provided to us upon request.
20. We may require that you only engage certain pre-selected third party suppliers (such as for example caterers, music providers) for logistical, legal and safety purposes, in which case we will notify you of this. Where you engage your own suppliers, we reserve the right not to allow into Oaklands any supplier who do not meet our requirements intended to ensure the safety and welfare of property and people at Oaklands, and applicable legal requirements. In particular, we must approve any arranged music, entertainment, services or activities which are organised by third party suppliers.
21. You must ensure that all live music finishes by 10.30pm, and that all other amplified music finishes by 12pm (midnight) on the date of your wedding.
22. It is your responsibility to book the Registrar for your wedding. If you have not booked the Registrar before submitting your Wedding Venue Booking Form to us, we advise you to do so as soon as possible after you have received our confirmation of booking.
Wedding Package Price & payments
23. Subject to any changes of the kind referred to in the following paragraphs, the amount payable for your Wedding Package will be as set out in the Wedding Venue Booking Form.
24. If any elements of the Wedding Package listed in the Wedding Venue Booking Form are not fixed (for example, because they depend upon the final number of wedding guests you have), then final price will be determined in accordance with the Wedding Venue Booking Form (for example, the charge “per head” for meals) or as otherwise agreed with us (for example, we will charge you for any “extras” not set out in the Wedding Venue Booking Form which we agree to provide to you, including additional food, drink or other services).
25. The Wedding Venue Booking Form may specify a minimum number of attending guests (either for the wedding breakfast or evening reception, or both). If your final numbers fall short of these minimum numbers then we reserve the right to charge you for the stated minimum.
26. You must confirm final numbers to us by, at the latest, 60 days prior to the scheduled date of your wedding. You must also provide us, by the dates we may reasonably request, any other information we ask for (such as your final choice of menus) so that we may finalise the details of your Wedding Package and its price.
27. We will invoice you for the second instalment of the price of your Wedding Package approximately 8 months before the scheduled wedding date. Unless stated otherwise in your Wedding Booking Form, this second instalment is £2,000.
28. We will invoice you for the total price of your Wedding Package (less any deposits, instalments and other amounts already paid to us) approximately 60 days before the scheduled wedding date.
29. You must pay each of our invoices in full no later than 7 days from the date of invoice to our bank account, details of which are stated in the invoice.
30. All prices are inclusive of VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date the contract is formed and the date of your wedding, we will adjust the VAT you pay (and hence the overall price of your Wedding Package), unless you have already paid for your Wedding Package in full before the VAT rate change takes effect.
Changes to the Venue and/or your Wedding Package
31. We will use reasonable endeavours to avoid altering any elements of your chosen Wedding Package. However, as the Wedding Package is normally put together a long time before your scheduled wedding, we may have to alter certain elements if necessary to comply with safety requirements, changes in law or regulations or (provided they are minor, do not increase the price, and we are confident they will not be to the detriment of your overall wedding experience) where required due to changes with our suppliers or how we operate. We also reserve the right to correct any error or omission in information or materials issued by us, and to make routine changes to Oaklands, our outdoor areas and features from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes, but unless the change is one which is likely to be fundamentally to the detriment of your wedding experience, you will not be entitled to any refund or compensation.
Cancellation of your wedding booking by you
32. If you want to cancel a confirmed booking, you must do this in writing (by delivering a letter to us via first class post, or by emailing us), using our contact details referred to in paragraph 43 below. Your cancellation notice must include your names, the scheduled date of your wedding booking, and your current contact details (including your address) for us to respond to you.
Cancellation by you within the initial 14 days (with no cancellation charges)
33. No cancellation charges will be payable (and you will be entitled to a full refund of your deposit) if we receive written notice from you cancelling your wedding booking within 14 days of the date of our written confirmation that your wedding booking has been accepted (as to which see paragraph 5 above). In calculating this, the 14 day period will start on the day after the date of our written confirmation.
Cancellation by you after the initial 14 days (and applicable cancellation charges)
34. Unless you cancel within the initial 14 day period referred to in paragraph 33 above, you must pay us cancellation charges within 20 days of our invoice determined by reference to the table below, the amount of which varies depending upon when you cancel prior to the scheduled date of your wedding, based upon the Wedding Package price. (Where the final Wedding Package price has yet to be finalised (for example, because you have not yet confirmed final guest numbers), we will calculate the cancellation charges based upon any indicative or minimum numbers set out in the Wedding Venue Booking Form).
Period before scheduled wedding date Cancellation charge
More than 6 months Your deposit (i.e. non-refundable in all cases)
Between 3 and 6 months 50% of total Wedding Package price
Less than 3 months 75% of total Wedding Package price
Less than 1 month 90% of total Wedding Package price
NOTE: The above cancellation charges are designed to compensate us for losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into. We will use reasonable endeavours to “re-sell” your cancelled wedding booking date to another couple, and if we are able to
do so then we will recalculate and notify you of the reduced cancellation charge payable (and, where appropriate, we will refund part of the cancellation charges you have
NOTE: You have no additional statutory right to cancel the contract under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 as the contract is for the supply of catering or services related to leisure activities and provides for a specific date of performance (regulation 28(1)(h), Consumer Contracts Regulations).
Cancellation by us
35. We reserve the right to cancel your booking without liability to you (and without any obligation to refund your deposit) if:
(a) you do not pay us the balance of your Wedding Package price by the date due for such payment; or
(b) we have reasonable grounds to believe that you may not pay us the balance of your Wedding Package price by the due date, and we have requested you to explain the position and you have not done so satisfactorily; or
(c) we discover, before you have paid the balance of your Wedding Package price, that you have deliberately concealed information, or deliberately given us incorrect information, about your intended wedding in circumstances where (if you had not done so) it would have been reasonably foreseeable that we would not have accepted your booking; or
(d) we have reasonable grounds to believe that your behaviour or that of your guests at the wedding is likely to result in damage to Oaklands or to our property and/or injury to people.
36. If we cancel your booking under paragraph 35, you must pay us any losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, whether or not we are able to resell your cancelled wedding booking date. Depending on when we cancel, the cancellation charges you must pay will be determined by reference to the table set out under paragraph 34 above.
Events outside our control
37. Except as set out in this paragraph 37, we shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by an event outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to Oaklands, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water). In these circumstances, we shall use every effort to notify you as soon as is reasonably practicable. If, as a result of such events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, we shall use reasonable endeavours to help you find an alternative venue of a similar standard for a similar price but our sole liability to you shall be to refund you any money you have already paid towards your Wedding Package.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
38. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us.
39. Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
If you have a complaint / Your legal rights
40. In the event that you have a complaint with us or our services which you wish to raise with us:
(a) please contact us and tell us as soon as reasonably possible;
(b) please give us a reasonable opportunity to rectify any problem where this is possible; and
(c) we will where appropriate use every effort to rectify a problem as soon as reasonably practicable so it does not fundamentally affect your wedding experience.
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to services not carried out with reasonable skill and care, or which are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
41. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract. You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else
42. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
Contact details and communications
43. All written communications by you to us must be sent by first class post to our address listed in paragraph 1 above, or by email to email@example.com (or to such other address that we may notify to you). We may send written communications to you at either the email or postal address set out in the Wedding Venue Booking Form (or any other address which you provide to us).
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
44. These Terms shall be governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in the English courts.
How we will use your Personal Information
GS2890763 Draft 6 dated 18 November 2019 (FINAL)
e: firstname.lastname@example.org w: oaklandsweddings.co.uk
Oaklands, Rotsea Carr Farm, Rotsea, Driffield, East Yorkshire YO25 9ET
Bank details: Sort Code: 30-12-86 Account Number: 15026860
Company Reg No: 7728989 VAT No: 118 3939 95
Registered office: Rotsea Carr Farm, Rotsea, Driffield, East Yorkshire, YO25 9QG
Explore Our Venue
The perfect space for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
Oaklands expert wedding team will help you plan your big day and make sure everything is just as you would expect it.
Request More Information
Ask us more about your magical wedding venue and how we can make your day as special as it can be.